Friday, October 18, 2013

The blueprints

I've been researching a way to fund my project and discovered  a method called "Crowd sourcing". Crowd sourcing is where you get a handful of investors to incvest in your idea with a small amount of money anywhere from $10-$500. But if the idea doesn't work out then you don't have to pay them back because they were taking the risk by investing in it. This will help me get enough money to hire a developer and cover the costs of the app. Also I am going to meet with different app developers to get a quote on how much it will cost to produce the app. Once I get a quote I can find out how much money I will need to earn from crowd sourcing.

Throughout next week I will be looking for developers that are wiling to help me create the app. I hope to meet with them and several other companies in the weeks to come. Hopefully by the end of November I will find a company and will have began crowd sourcing. Also, I am going to contact Hannah's aunt to talk to her about the process she went through creating her app. My dad also agreed to help me with crowd sourcing and will be essentially another mentor to me. 

Right now I am also sketching some designs for the layout of the app. I am going to have to find a designer along with a developer. That will add to my costs but hopefully the developer will have designers that they worked with so it will be fairly easy to find one. 

The only thing I am worried about is getting the money to crowd source. I just hope that I can find enough investors to pay for the costs of the app. Here is a link that explains crowd sourcing more in depth: 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdsourcing





No comments:

Post a Comment