Friday, November 22, 2013

Slow and steady wins the race

This week I focused on learning CSS or cascading style sheets which I talked about in my last blog. Slowly I am becoming more familiar with it. I am getting to know how to create different styles and have used my Evernote notebook to copy down notes from the CSS app. I have also been researching different coding classes around the area. I found one in Detroit at the Atomic House and it is a CSS class so it could teach me a little more about the program so I am not just teaching myself. I also found a Hack School in New York City, it is a 3 month program that teaches you the basics of coding and would really help me learn. But, I don't even know if I would do that and it would have to be in the summer. Along with that I assumed that CCS in Detroit would have some sort of programming class or coding class but I have yet to find one. I am going to keep looking because I think I need a more hands-on learning experience so I can speed up the learning process.

I am still using CodeAcademy to learn different programming techniques to learn specifically how to create an app rather than the CSS would eventually lead me to creating an app. So far, this project has taught me just how hard it is to learn how to code and how much work it is going to take. But I am determined to ATLEAST learn how to code and hopefully create a successful app in the end (and hopefully be chosen to speak at the TED conference). I really hope this works out, but I know that it will take a lot of time and effort to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment