Friday, December 6, 2013

Keep on keeping on

This week was pretty uneventful, I pretty much just kept on using the apps to learn how to code and get better. I used code academy and the CSS app. I still haven't found a coding meet up but I really want to find one. I was looking at CCS in Detroit to see if they had any type of coding classes or programming classes and I can't find one. I also have yet to figure out who the programming teacher here at South is. 

For the next couple of weeks I am just going to focus on learning how to code and gradually getting better. I am going to mainly use CodeAcademy because I think it is the most effective. Lightbot isn't really helping me because it is just moving the robot and not really teaching me how to code. I don't think it's practical for actually teaching me how to create an app. This is going to be a long process, but hopefully it will be successful. 

2 comments:

  1. Have you heard about Girl Develop It Detroit? https://www.facebook.com/GirlDevelopItDetroit

    This group is constantly having coding workshops and practice sessions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have heard of them but I haven't really looked into them, I will be sure to though!

      Thanks for your feedback!

      Delete