Friday, December 13, 2013

The lightbulb finally goes off

After Mr. Provenzano's speech to our class about the presentations, a lightbulb clicked on in my head. I decided that I am going to focus more on the coding aspect and not really the app. Although it would be very cool to make an app by myself, I think that is going to be a goal for a later time. It is more important for me to learn how to code because it is a tool that everyone should have in the 21st century. Coding has already become part of the curriculum in many different elementary schools and middle schools. Yet, there aren't any coding classes in Grosse Pointe. Coding is becoming the skill to have in order to succeed and in 10 years from now it is going to be a staple in every college application and a high school credit requirement. 

My goal for this project is not only to learn how to code but also show Grosse Pointe in my presentation how valuable this skill is. Coding should be built into every elementary school curriculum around the country. This will prepare children for the real world and help them succeed. Since It is growing so fast, it is better that the schools in GP start now rather than later and get ahead of the trend. Coding is a great skill to have and it can help you in other areas also. Not only is it useful, but it also stands out on a recommendation for college (not for long!). 

As for now I am just going to continue on...


No comments:

Post a Comment