Saturday, January 11, 2014

Halfway there

The few extra days we had this week gave me a lot of time to work on my project. I started making a power point that I will hopefully present to the school board and Dr. Harwood in February. I also have a meeting scheduled with my counselor to see of there are any available programming classes that I would be able to switch into. I think that if I took a class it would give me more instruction and hands on learning with a trained professional rather than just teaching myself. I am also going to schedule a meeting with Dr. Outlaw to just get some information on the curriculum and how it is decided, if it can be changed,etc.
Also I have been looking at summer programs for programming and found one  at Columbia in NYC. Not only is the location awesome but it is a 3 week program that could really help me. Now the only challenge is convincing my mom to let me go. 







3 comments:

  1. I like how your idea has progressed. We all do that when we are passionate about something, I suppose. It's nice to see that you have lots of plans, as well - good luck with all of your appointments! Keep the goal in mind... I have a question, however - why did you chose this picture for this post? Is there a meaning in it that I'm missing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback! With regards to the picture, it doesn't have a significant meaning, I just happened to be blogging at my gymnastics meet and thought I'd add a picture!

      Delete
  2. It is so cool to see your passion & enthusiasm. This is awesome! You are so lucky to have the opportunity to work on a 20%-time project. Great stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete