Sunday, April 27, 2014

A little taste of summer


This past week my school was on Spring Break which was great and so well needed. Although it was disappointing because it gave me a little taste of summer and then in a second it's gone. For the beginning of the week I was in NYC for vacation which made it difficult to work on my project.  Yet when I got home I was able to do some work on it. I mostly focused on my presentation since TEDx is quickly approaching. I outlined the basis of my presentation and the main key points that I definitely want to talk about. I think that this presentation will be fairly easy for me to right because finally I have found something I am passionate about and really feel strongly about. I think that it's a lot easier to talk about something that really interests you rather than just being assigned something.

I won't rehash what I've said in my previous blogs, but I am definitely sticking with the topic of schools today and how kids are practically programmed. I've added the fact that we are 'programmed' because we pretty much are. We are programmed to get good grades, do what the teacher says and don't question it (even if they might be wrong), join every club you can find, and play sports so you can be a well rounded student and get into a great college. Kids don't do things because they genuinely enjoy them anymore, it's all about how it will help your college application, which is very twisted. School should be something that we look forward to, but instead we just go through the motions, and can't wait until it's over. That is pretty much the jist of my presentation, and I hope I can get the message across. I am using Ken Robinson's speech about how 'Schools kill creativity' for inspiration because I completely agree with his speech and it has some great points.  I have embedded his video above, feel free to watch it. That's it for this week!

P.S.  48 days until we get out of school :)


No comments:

Post a Comment